Eric is currently welcoming requests from congregations and organizations to lead retreats, keynotes, parish missions, and workshops in 2019 and 2020.
Dynamic and engaging, Eric is an experienced speaker and facilitator and is able to accommodate varying themes, program lengths and settings.
Featured themes and topics include:
- Faith and Recovery Retreats
- Weekend retreats, days and evenings of reflection connecting the storytelling tradition of 12-step fellowships with the liberating narratives of Scripture. For those in recovery and those who love someone in recovery.
- Mental Health, Addiction, and Communities of Faith
- Mental health conditions and substance abuse are complex medical conditions. However, they are also spiritual maladies rooted in isolation. and many who struggle yearn to connect with their faith tradition or a faith tradition that makes sense to them. Congregations have a specific opportunity to serve people in their pews, and others in their neighborhoods by offering a welcoming space for spiritual growth, encouragement, and a listening presence.
- The Path Forward: Addressing the Crisis of Abuse, Coverup, and Clericalism
- Eric speaks about the crisis from the perspective of an abuse survivor, lay pastoral minister, and theologian.
- Food for the Journey: Tools for Sustaining Social Justice Ministry
- Turning faith into action, and rooting action in the tradition of faith.
- Creating and Maintaining Inclusive and Welcoming Communities
- More than ever, people of faith are seeking out congregations that align with their personal values and beliefs about a myriad of things, from politics to worship. How do congregations create a space that is truly welcoming to all, including those that disagree?
Additional themes and topics:
- Catholic Social Teaching and Participation in Public Life
- Franciscan spirituality and the life of Francis of Assisi
- Prayer and meditation
- Spiritual writing
- Advent and Christmas
- Lent, the Triduum, and Easter
- The Saint John’s Bible